View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4033608)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
The main reason I don’t want it is because it ruins the tradition of Formula 1. There can only be one race per weekend, and every race is preceded by a qualifying session. Otherwise, it ruins all the statistics and history books. If this happened in Formula e, I wouldn’t mind, because there have only been six seasons of it. But you just can’t break a seventy-year old tradition unless there is a problem with it, which there isn’t.

And of course, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
We used to have non-championship races many decades ago, and that hasn’t affected the history books.

Unless there’s a reverse-grid element, I can’t see what this will add. It will just be a shorter Grand Prix with nothing riding on it.