View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2019, 11:49 (Ref:3899361)   #329
Simon P
Rookie

Simon P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
The problem does not come from FIA, the problem comes from the paddock here and scrutineers it would appear. A car if accepted with an airbox on its HTP will be allowed to use it as the specification approved is valid as a whole.

But you cannot cherry pick bits and bobs from one specification and mix it with another, it's all about running a car today as one that ran in period. Additionally, the European Championship did not run to different rules than the Appendix J in period, WSC or 2L European Championship were the same.

Assymmetric and symmetric cockpit/rops were a ruling update from 1972 onwards and applicable across the whole scope of sport prototype racing and classified as Group 5 from then. Already announced in 1971 in Appendix J in fact. Delays were given it is known to certain manufacturers to update their design and as an example with the Lola T290.
Hi Louis, regarding the above mentioned point with air boxes etc, in Barcelona we ran a B19 with an air box, we have been told if we want to continue racing with an air box, it needs to be on the HTP for Spa next month.

I would like the option to run an air box and race in the same specification to our competitor's B19's.

My issue: We found the MSA will not grant papers for a B19 with headlights (required for Peter Auto events) and an air box in period G-
"07.07.17 We are not interested in what might be required for whatever series. An HTP can only be issued for a car exactly as it was in period - or a precise copy of such a car. If non period specification parts are needed for a series today then those parts must be fitted after a correct HTP has been obtained.
So, please fit the appropriate bodywork, remove all remaining airbox components and we can process this."

At the time we didn't want to dispute, so accepted the expense to have a spare nose painted (without headlights), removed the air box system, and finally the HTP was issued.

To resolve the Scrutineering/Air box issue; would you advise to:
-Re-submit HTP papers to the MSA with updated photos?
-Dispute the PA's scrutineer- Henri Pluton's decision?
...or is there an appeal system to protest every period G B19 in Europe running an air box?

If the HTP avenue has to be taken, could you clarify about headlights - I understand in 1971's appendix J Art. 270. allows the mounting of head lights. (I can't see how 5-3/4" headlamps are not period correct)

Thanks