Old 25 Oct 2003, 21:55 (Ref:763037)   #11
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

jamescrofts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark and Neil

Quote:
Originally posted by TomS
Whats he going to be doing in the near future (apart from the drive at NIR!!) as he has obviously got the contract with Essentialy Sport(is that right?) so I would have thought that they would want him to be doing something.

Also does anybody know what the other competitors from the programm are doing? I know Neil Purdie has been racing in the Sports 2000 Pro Series this year but what is he doing next year?

It would be a great shame if both of their talents go to waste as it seems that they are both decent drivers.
I am not sure what Mark is doing next year; I put the deal together to run him at Rockingham in the TVR Tuscan and then Castle Combe. He may return to TVR's, there is a lot of support for him to do this. I have also arranged for him to become an instructor and he has received several offers.

Neil will continue in Sports 2000 next year, but will also be in BARC Formula Renault and TVR Tuscans. However Sports 2000 will be the focus of his attention.

As for the Rebels drive, Mark was offered that after winning "Be a Grand Prix Driver" and they are great fun. The series has big grids and close racing.

James