View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1721031)   #13
markal
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lancs
markal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian Hough was killed at Kimpton Bend at Thruxton on October 28th 1973, racing in the Blue Circle Modsports Championship, on the last lap, of the last race of the year, the race was won by John Pearson in the VRM Elan, second was John Fletcher in another Elan, who also won the championship.

Hough's car was originally built for Richard Taft in 71 by Mike Bigland and was fitted with a full race Gt 40engine bored and stroked to 5.4 ltr 450 bhp. Martin Lilley, who who owned TVR at the time, bought the car and put Ted Worswick in, then Hough in 73. The engine was a special Holman and Moody 6ltr Can Am, the car had Mclaren suspension on the rear, with a Jag lsd, discs all round, 15" or 17" on the back, 12" or 13" on the front, and massive wheel arches, a monster! I have pictures of the car, if someone could tell me how to download them.

I have just finished building a 71 TVR, 5ltr v8, and was going to make it a replica of the Hough car. I have asked before, do you have any pictures of the Hough car? I have all the Ferret ones! I was told John Pearson has got the XK and was restoring it, do you have a contact number? I still dream of those days.

Last edited by John Turner; 28 Sep 2006 at 09:46.