Thread: Sebring 2019
View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3887081)   #32
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
One frustration I've always had with the Sebring website is the inability to create an account without a US address or cell number. I've bought tickets at the gate on Wednesday on my previous two trips, but I'd ideally like to book in advance for this one. It's easy enough with Daytona so not sure why Sebring make it so difficult.
Yes that is a little backward. It is no longer the 1990s. When the race is 99.99% US fans it might be not worth their effort to cater to overseas purchasers, but when the WEC was attached to the meeting that dynamic changed.

FWIW I phoned the ticket office and had no problem booking with a UK credit card and address. They won't ship overseas though (another eyeroll) but at least the Will Call office is open 24-hours.

As an aside, Daytona's website doesn't offer overseas purchasers the option to have tickets posted, but for each if my trips to the 24 I have emailed them asking for my tickets to be posted to the UK and they have done so with no problem. On the other hand, their Will Call office closes at 7pm.