Thread: Sebring 2019
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2019, 00:26 (Ref:3891973)   #63
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I had breakfast in a proper American diner as well, grits an' all!

Sleeping in an SUV was fine, I'm thankfully not very tall! And yes ... portaloos (as we call them in the UK) ... fine on day one, best avoided on day three :-)

This isn't an event for the faint-of-heart.
Well shucks, if you had grits you were all set! (Next time ask for some bacon grease to be dribbled in, and a bit of shredded cheese if they have it)

'Portaloo' sound all together too posh . I have always lucked out to have availed in the wake of the cleaning crew, so not so bad.

I grew up in Central FL., so Sebring was always somewhat easy in the sense of having the comfort items along for the ride, and I would know what to expect of the weather, so less of a surprise factor there. Shade is a challenge, one more pressing with the lack of hair on my head, so I prize a decent hat and a few moments in the shade of motorhomes or trucks.