Old 13 Jun 2019, 22:04 (Ref:3909963)   #8
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Hi All, been a long time since I've been here! I am well out of the loop, can someone enlighten me as to what are TCR cars?

I agree with the sentiments above, car looks very nice but I can't see many of them being sold.
TCR is a production based touring car championship (literally stands for Touring Car Racing). First started around 2014 and there are a lot of sanctioned series around the world, Australia just started theirs this year. Think of it like GT3 racing but for lower cost production cars like the Volkswagen Golf and Audi RS3.

TCR New Zealand will start next year and will probably run with Speed Works Events, so it will run on the same billing as the Toyota Racing Series and BNT V8s.

TCR cars cost anywhere between 100k to 250k NZD depending on new/used and age. Cars use Balance of Performance so that any car can be competitive, but some cars are inherently better than others in some areas, not too different from GT3 racing either.

The new BNT V8 thing will probably cost upwards of $270,000 NZD inc GST and freight. That's not including spares and new equipment.