View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3923671)   #6603
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Without (I hope) being too facetious, I think you've answered your own question. Because it's pointless......
I think the PR is probably the one thing that might be a plus for them. Maybe it wouldn't really help the WEC though because the car isn't running to the regulations and they are switching to hypercar anyway.

With the Porsche 919 Evo I thought it was a really cool project but rather wished they would use the funds to enter at least one car for a couple of WEC races and Le Mans. At least if Toyota does the same its not instead-of but more of a celebration of the outgoing car by letting it loose. I think that's what Porsche was doing too and even though we may not like it vs actual WEC/LM competition, it's still talked about and celebrated by automotive media.