View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3914155)   #36
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One of the reasons karting is so expensive is because the guys need new frames two or three times a year. That's because they hit the kerbs every corner in just the fashion shown as "legal" in the official photos. Some of the karting kerbs are monsters "but to be quick you have to smash the kerbs."

Guess what? We have the karts on the jig every Saturday night after testing, and sometimes between races. Three frames per year isn't unusual.

All because of the great God of "smashing the kerbs." If the kerbs were made illegal costs would plummet. And to my mind, skills would rocket - any damned fool can be quick if every corner is a straight line!

But suggest that on the karting forums, and it's as if I'd suggested putting videos of the rules on social media. God, I was flamed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk