View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2017, 17:08 (Ref:3762041)   #24
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Before the race there was some sort of Pit Stop Challenge, which aired on the Race Control website.

Instead of drag races, a dozen cars did laps and pitted, with times measured from entry to exit. The non-competing cars were standing in their pit boxes, so it was a bit confusing.

There were a few controversies. I think that Kimball should have been penalized for blocking Conor Daly. He obviously reacted to a move.

Newgarden's overtake for the lead was clean. He saw a gap in the inside at the front straight, and went for it. Pagenaud tried to close it but was too late, and nearly crashed in turn 1 but kept control. It was his fault that he went wide at the turn, as he kept very low along the straight, rather than opening up before the turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Apart from TK's losing it on the pace lap and then Power losing it on the first lap, it wasn't particularly exceptional
Agree. I think that dirty air on corners was the reason for the relatively lack of overtaking. The Indy Lights race was much more thrilling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'm not kidding, the stands are packed.
True, but not sure if all are paying tickets. Bomarito seems to have told all his employees to go. Anyway, they were entertained.