View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3858964)   #18
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=old fart;3858825]I suppose it depends upon what the person enjoys.
I appreciate the preparation/presentation of the vehicles, close racing and the ability to lap at a consistent rate rather than crash and bash that some regard as the highlight of a meeting.
In fact my all time favourite is endurance racing as the challenges, strategies and ability of teams to respond in a positive manner to adversity is most enjoyable.

Unfortunately the historic fraternity have been their own worst enemy over the last few years and we are being deprived of seeing and experiencing the fantastic aura of days gone by.
It is hoped that the SMSP Tasman event in December will revisit that glorious era where the spirit of true motor sport began.[/QUOTE
The December meeting you are referring to could be accused of false advertising using the Tasman moniker.A large part of the meeting is Super Sprint and Regularity events while races for PRB Clubman cars also feature.Add in the tiny Group N fields that HSRCA meetings have had for the last 5 years and it is a waste of time for even an enthusiast to attend.The one strong field is likely to be Group S but you only have to wait until February to see a entry twice as good at the 12 Hour.