View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2020, 12:33 (Ref:3993777)   #109
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well they are protesting the actual decision rather than the brake duct issue specifically.

For me its very clear whats happened. Stroll buys Racing Point & invests in Aston Martin, it suits him to run at the front. Aston Martin buy roadcar engines from Mercedes, it suits Mercedes if Aston Martin are running at the front in 2021. Not only that but it gives them extra "defence" against Ferrari & Red Bull.

Its probably not impossible to copy a car by eye from photos but how many times do we here "we cant copy that idea it wont work with our aero package" and "The upgrades dont work". The aero on an F1 car is so finely tuned that teams that design their own car/upgrades often struggle to get them to work how the "computers" suggest they should so forgive me if i struggle to see how someone can "copy" a competitors car and get it to work so well.

Finally id like to add that Mercedes themselves are very tight lipped on the whole issue, almost as if they've taken the stance that Racing Point got themselves into this mess, they're on their own which i find strange because if you didn't do anything wrong and are being unfairly accused you'd scream from the rooftops. Still i doubt anything will come of it, how do you prove it?