Thread: Ralt RT 2
View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2003, 21:26 (Ref:1558307)   #3
dereklola
Racer

dereklola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thx guys - but I kick myself for writing too soon - I was going to reference a website that I've done based on what I've found out over the last couple of years. But when I checked it it needs some editing.

Be patient I'll get back to you in couple of days.

In summary though there appear to be six "real" RT2 - 3 for Toleman in 1979 (of which two are now in the US and the other scrapped in South Africa), one came straight to the US for CanAm in 1980 (mine), one went to Germany in 1981 and is still there and a sixth one has appeared with a later serial number. This last one appears to be the most "original" - still in Hart F2 form.

But serial number plates on Ralt seem to be largely missing. My two Ralts (I also have an RT4) had plates but literally you can flip them off with a coin or screwdriver. And if you want to just as easily glue them back on.

Quite possibly Ralt made extra tubs. Certainly Marc Bahner in California has made a lot of RT4 and RT5 replacement tubs for SCCA racing. And then there are the T850's - I've never seen one but I understand they are basically identical.

Then there were the Lant copies from South Africa based on the RT2 that went there.I've heard of one of these in Ireland and one still in South Africa.

And finally there are the Lola T850's which apparently Toleman commissioned.

The 1980 Toleman cars are of similar design but significantly in detail.

Be patient and I'll finsh up my website - then fire away at me!

Derek