Thread: DTM 2021
View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2020, 09:04 (Ref:4014016)   #13
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Hopefully there'll be a brand variety and more than 20 cars. For me enough to make it much more appealing than GT Masters. ADAC may have the 'International' status but the numbers are incomparable. DTM is a brand much bigger than ADAC GT.
DTM as a brand is bigger in the world because of the old days when it was actually good and had awesome relatable cars going door handle to door handle over jumps on the Nordschleife.

GT Masters already has decent variety and 20+ cars, with some of the best GT drivers in the world, plus they have English streams you can watch for free on YouTube.

I don't see how doing basically the same thing that is already being done, but slapping the DTM name on it will somehow make it a superior product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
2021 will be the first year I will ever watch this series. The series most in danger of being raided I would think is ADAC GT Masters rather than GT WC. Which I hope is the case. I never really got into GT Masters. I much preferred GT WC, Intl GT Open, and IMSA GTD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
I think you are spot on. And I did forget to mention NLS/Nürburgring. I like them a lot too. So yeah ADAC I think is in for a fall. Too bad for them. But its of little loss to us GT fans in the grand scheme of things.

Biggest things GT racing specifically needs for next year to set up for a good next half decade is: GTE/GT3 convergence, SRO to get rid of their current safety car procedures, and new DTM format to impress

How silly. "I never liked this German national GT3 sprint series for some reason, so it's not important and I hope it falls so that a German national GT3 sprint series can grow."