View Single Post
Old 23 May 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4111020)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Fastest ever for pole, Arie ran the only faster time on Day 2. It wasn't for pole. And yes, Indy is making a huge deal about it being fastest ever pole speeds and fastest front row ever.

234.046 for Dixie over Brayton's 233.718 in 96. Pole won after withdrawing lap time that made the field just to get up front if I remember. Unfortunately he couldn't make the start and Smoke inherited it

237.498 for Luyendyk in 97 is still fastest single lap, likely to stand even with the new engines. But could be close.

I stand corrected, it is indeed Dixie with the fastest Pole ever. That is the last time I will ever get any stats from the NBC commentary team without corroborating them.

Arie Luyendyk's fastest single lap record was set in '96, as was the 4 lap average record: 2:31.908, 236.986 mph (381.392 kmh).

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 23 May 2022 at 11:35.