View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2422153)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
I hadn't realised they'd been involved with any of the Carinas though- Which car do you have?
Its a car that I have been told was built for a team in New Zealand (!) about 1993 and word of mouth suggests that it is supposed to have been run in the World Touring Car Cup in 1994 by the Toyota Team Castrol for either Julian Bailey or Will Hoy. Difficult to prove and I cannot show that it was an early Super Tourer but some of the spare panels do have Toyota Team Castrol logos. I can't find a chassis number but the fuel tank has a label on it saying that the tank was built for DCRS.

If it was an early Super Tourer, the ST engine & gearbox were taken out at some point & the rolling chassis was downgraded to National Saloon Car Spec (15in wheels etc) for a Dave Pitcher & later, Barry Barnes. I have paperwork for this period. After the end of the National Saloon Car Cup Barry Barnes ran the car in various DMN/ SEMSEC/ BARC-SEC events.

Whatever it was built as, its clearly NOT an ST now but the shell is a very impressive piece of work for the early 90s and could have been built to the ST standard of the time.