Thread: 2018 DTM
View Single Post
Old 20 May 2018, 10:43 (Ref:3823524)   #111
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched the race, first DTM race for years, and was a bit baffled tbh. The cars seemed designed to explode in such a way that means cleaning up takes forever. The race timer didn't stop during the red, so the race became 20 minutes but with a mandatory stop? The commentator on the English language YouTube feed had absolutely no idea what was going on. He kept telling us to ignore the cars in the lead as it wasn't the real lead battle because they hadn't stopped. Being a DTM rookie I kinda went along with it, but I was sure they had stopped. Come the end of the race he was confused and it turned out they had and turns out he'd been commentating on the wrong thing all along.

Just...weird. I don't get it. Excitement seemed to come from the race being too short to get any heat into tyres and cars sliding about. Such a weird series.