View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2007, 20:44 (Ref:1849388)   #38
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
the americans are getting 650-700bhp from 6 litre jet boat engines, which run at full chat for 45 minutes......based on small-block chevy,s.......the max power is delivered at about 650bhp at 6000rpm........700bhp at 6500rpm, which is quite low revving in my book....... with about 570lb/ft of torque........this would be ideal for an LMP1 V8 push-rod engine.......as long as the engine weight could be kept around the 160-170Kg range - it would be competetive I'm sure.......the LS series of V8 engines would be ideal donors.
If we could get superchargers legalized, we'd be in business. I know people with 650hp in their LS daily drivers. Plus no lag!