View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2011, 03:58 (Ref:2929671)   #80
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I think that's the problem, it's more like an LMP coupe with open suspension than a single seater with a closed cockpit. I have no objection to the idea of a closed cockpit, and wrapping the bodywork more around the wheels like the FCJ design would prevent wheel-over-wheel crashes, which are really dangerous. I'd happily see that FCJ design as the blueprint for F3 cars (with minor powertrain quibbles, 1800 turbos in the vain of the FPA lumps would be good, they produced a lot of power and IIRC lasted over a season between rebuilds).
There is an accident that became the motivation of this FCJ "safety" concept. The accident happened in the Formula Dream race at Suzuka in 2002 (warmup race of F1). This chassis was made by Dome, and Hirokazu Nagaya was rendered paraplegic. The chairman of JMIA is a president of Dome (Minoru Hayashi).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A7BwNccPxQ