View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3630195)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Vettel's car blowing its engine on the parade lap was unforeseen and afaic is no reflection on Ferrari as a team. It was a mechanical issue that was beyond their control and despite that, they got on with it and Kimi drove to a creditable 2nd.
I disagree on both counts here - it reflects hugely on Ferrari as a team - that's 2 races 2 blown engines - not a good reflection on the team. It was a mechanical issue entirely under their control - it's a Ferrari engine. A Sauber blowing an engine might be described as beyond their control as they just buy them off the shelf. Ferrari built the thing so it's 100% under their control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm with you here Bert for the TEAM to be awarded TEAM of the Race award, surely the whole TEAM (that's both cars) should make a good showing?
I've not voted, (as I'm posting a quick reply) but think that although one Ferrari & one Haas did make a good showing, by getting both cars into a podium position, especially as one was damaged (due to no fault of the TEAM) that Mercedes were clear winners of this award.
For the most part I agree. Apart from voting for Mercedes They pretty much did what was expected of them. So I gave it to Manor - for being far more competitive than anyone realistically expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If it's a case of both cars making a good showing, how come Haas got so many votes, when only one car finished?
Didn't get my vote