View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3630210)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I disagree on both counts here - it reflects hugely on Ferrari as a team - that's 2 races 2 blown engines - not a good reflection on the team. It was a mechanical issue entirely under their control - it's a Ferrari engine. A Sauber blowing an engine might be described as beyond their control as they just buy them off the shelf. Ferrari built the thing so it's 100% under their control.
Clearly it wasn't a mechanical issue entirely under their control. If it were it wouldn't have happened. It was pure bad luck and entirely unexpected. It doesn't matter how well prepared a team is, these things do happen and I've seen it happen countless times over the years in motorsport. If it reflects on the team, it only does so in that it was very disappointing not to see both cars racing.

That's a bad analogy. If Sauber blew an engine like Ferrari did on the parade lap, I would have regarded it in exactly the same way, pure bad luck and no reflection on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Didn't get my vote
Well Haas have the most votes and only one car came home like Ferrari, just saying...