View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3729670)   #22
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been to COTA a number of times and a race in the spring is way better than in the fall. I think the most people I ever seen at that place for a sportscar event (not counting the teams) was in 2013 when GA ran there. Other than that, it's pretty much a ghost town. I know everyone here hates Kansas and Iowa speedway but those places get way more people to watch a sportscar event. Since they are rovals, they are bad.

PWC decided to run up against the season home opener for the Longhorns. I assume the track rental was probably about $5 for that weekend. At least for the WEC event, that's an away game and the Cowboys are in Denver.

I assume most don't know but Moto GP was just at COTA. So, they claim they had more than the 56K in attendance that was from 2016. So, you can use those pics as a gauge. Just don't use the pic of where they dump everyone on the front straight or pit road before the race. That makes any event look overly popular.

Another COTA issue: https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-worse-898296/

Hopefully this doesn't happen for the IMSA event at COTA: