View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2018, 15:39 (Ref:3841418)   #180
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
LOL! Good one champ. Yep, I work for a "gossip magazine".

Hey 'nobster' (suitable username btw ), since you are from Netherland, are you saying Jos is not known for his temper and aggression there in Netherland? Go do some digging in your local legal system on Jos' violent behaviour. Better yet, start digging yourself out from under the rock you have been for the last 25+ years.

It's no secret that Jos Verstappen has an anger management issue. Some examples of Jos' violent history for you, since you seem unaware. In 1998 he and his Father Frans were charged and found guilty of assaulting and fracturing a photographers skull at a kart meeting. December 2008 Jos was charged with assaulting his wife and Max's mother Sophie, and also violating a restraining order. November 2011 allegations of attempted murder after he had struck his then girlfriend with his car and fled the scene. In 2016, allegedly Jos beat up his own father. And as recently as last year, Jos was beaten up in a brawl in Roermond, Netherland. There are many other examples of Jos' ill tempered behaviour, but I don't have all day to do your homework for you.

Jos Verstappen's temper was a known trait when he was driving in F1. And really came to be known after his F1 career ended, especially after he became a father to Max and Vicky. Max has not spoken out much about his fathers traits in public. There have been a few hints to Max's fear of his father where he has mentioned that whenever he has a bad race of his own doing, it's not the team he fears most, it's that he mostly fears what Jos will have to say to him. In one interview early this year, Max mentioned how scared he was of a life size cut-out of Jos that used to be in his bedroom. A child who is that scared of his father that he has to turn around his fathers image to fall asleep?? So sad, and worrying.

And as for my comment "Made to order racer to fulfil Jos's dream.", Jos actually refers to his son as "Verstappen 2.0". Bit of hint there as to how Jos views Max as his own second chance.

Max Verstappen: “I’ve never really watched other drivers, except for my dad. I wouldn’t call him an idol, he’s basically just my dad, my friend, my teacher, so I couldn’t really call him an idol anymore. I’m an improvement on my dad and he calls me Verstappen 2.0!”.

Like I said, Max is a made to order racer to fulfil Jos' dream.

During Max's karting days, there were a few examples of Jos' ill tempered behaviour towards his son. Some were reported on, some not. One in particular that was reported on was a karting event in Italy 2012, where Jos spoke of his behaviour after Max threw away a certain win.

I don't really care if you think the websites are "gossip" sites, or what other. Take it or leave it. I did not get my information from those "gossip magazines". If you think it's "b.s." so be it. Don't want to spend anymore time entertaining a 'nobster' who comes out from under a rock ever so often to sling **** at others.

Have a nice day.

Yeah! But apart from all that, what have you got.........?