View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3187326)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Al Weyman - please do not read this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Racing overalls are being hologrammed as well. It's the latest anti-forgery device. I've already raised the point about FIA labels on counterfeit gloves, I couldn't put my hand on my heart and say that the same isn't happening with Far Eastern racing overalls - or even Close Western overalls for that matter, there are certain manufacturers whose activities cause me to raise an eyebrow.

The idea is that every suit is track-able, and if one is seen to be sub-standard then it can tracked back to manufacturer. Presumably the same thing is happening to seat belts. I for one want to know that quality control is to rigorous standards, it's my body being held in place by them!

There is no compulsion to wear only suits with holograms, and there is no date for expiry of suits without them. I've known about it for some time but didn't know about the belts, expect holograms to appear on seats as well then. It's a quite onerous task getting the labels, so hopefully it will keep standards up.

As for getting "your" money, most clothing manufacturers are swallowing the cost.

Last edited by midgetman; 10 Jan 2013 at 16:19.