View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2610921)   #47
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
My thought too, but how did it end? Hodgetts returned to his former employer Brooklyn Ford for a Sierra ride late 1988. Chris Hodgetts must have been disapointed by the performance of the Supra as it seems to have moved him up just a few places on the grid from his former Corollas.

Early 1988 reports suggest that as many as three cars were supposed to be run by MIL. Two cars were as many as they would ever run by my knowledge.

Jesper
From memory, and without looking at mid-1988 Autosports, I think that was exactly the reason Hodgetts jumped ship- the Supra had never looked like being competitive, and a Brooklyn RS500 must have looked a better prospect

Yes, I'm sure I remember reports of MIL planning to run 3 Supras - a third car might have even appeared on an entry list at some point? but no more than two (plus a Corolla) ever appeared. I don't even know if a third car was ever built? One also appeared on the entry list for the Donington ETCC round for Alex Moss/Rad Dougall, but was a no-show http://www.racingsportscars.com/cove...988-04-17e.jpg

Curiously (and I think this was discussed in the Supra thread) there was a late-season distraction of adapting one into a Group A tarmac rally car for Graham Middleton to drive on the Manx International- from memory there's a pic of the car in Autosport's rally report

Last edited by KA; 10 Jan 2010 at 11:15.