View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2890435)   #24
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As per my reply to Sizzle's original Post:

what pulls the big viewing crowds at the Albert Park (I was there this year) apart from F1? it used to have stunt bikes, I didnt see any this year, Crowd has reduced, any coincindence?
i hardly think the lack of stunt bikes thinned the crowd. perhaps it was more of the lack of beer vouchers in the wallet on average for the general public .

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
Went to the last round at winton, some blokes (in hot cars) come out and did burn outs. Dduring the middle of it, i took a moment to look at the crowd, every man woman and child was on there feet watching. Only the main race attracted a more interestred crowd.

Burnouts, drift cars, stunt riders etc (this includes autograph sessions, pit tours, grid girls, merchandiese tents, rides, posters) are part of the event experience, to take them away reduces the event, it merely turns things into a car race and less people will go to a car race.

in the words of the great homer hudson "give the people what they want and give them lots of it"

But Winton is different... Shepparton nearby is a place of pace... the high speed runs down Wyndham Street on a Saturday night, drag racing on Old Dookie Rd in the pitch black... there is a genuine car culture there. Its also got a LOT of genuine GT's, HO's, HSV's, Brocks... even WRX's and Evos... and the like... Funny to see someone with an immaculate low mileage worked GT in the garage, and them rocking up to work in a 30 year old 323

A lot of things have to taken into account for preparing for a meeting.

the draw card = V8 Supercars
Support Catogorys: Porche, Utes, FF, Local content
Entertainment between events: Burn outs, bikes stunts, in Darwin's case a FA18 jet(from Tindell) and some LAV's or Tanks(Armoured Regiment). Local drift club, i.e. Toyota Supras with computer controlled engines.

This depends on the demographics of age groups coming thru the gate. Some years ago everybody wanted to see the HQ's. Then the minis, then something else.

Well versed in demographics, just look around your neighboring suburbs, as the age group gets older, kids grow up and move away, the entertaiment package should change to suit .(but not all the time)

Some like Victor doin burn outs, some like Robbie on his bike or in his ute, some like drifters.

Motosport has to offer up some things to keep the punters happy, and I agree with most post's. Some is relivant to the location, and some is absolute crap.

It would be great if we could cover all age groups, rather than some Marketing Manager believing that all fans would love this. I mean realy, do BMX push bikes entrhall the crowd , were the smell of burning rubber and racing fuel is more paramount.

So perhaps some of us should push for the role of entertainment manager, but then again, the V8 Supercars Entertainment Interceptor(safety car) does that.