Old 18 May 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3823304)   #20
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
Sweepstakes on how far up the field that backmarker gentleman driver Jason Plato gets his Subaru on Sunday? My guess is 17th.

I don't really understand why he's seemingly content with bumbling around miles off the pace. What's happened to the passion, the fire, the dirty tricks? At this moment it'd actually be less strange if he left the team mid-season rather than sticking it out in this purgatory.
So I've been totally out of the loop for years but have caught up on seasons past over the last few months. Really excited to see the full grids, different marques and so many potential race winners. But what has gone wrong for Plato? It seemed like he was well able to keep up with the development of the Subaru when he first drove it in 2016 but in the space of a few months (beginning of 2017) he just completely fell off the saddle...it's one thing to see such a fiery and successful driver get 'past it' but it's almost like two complete extremes from one season to the next and that is strange. Is there some detail I'm missing? The wiki page says that an accident in early 2017 broke his chassis which plagued him for the rest of the year but that seems a little nonsensical.