eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
We've camped in pretty much every LM campsite over the last 20+ years and have been on Epinettes through choice for the last few years.

It's only a couple of minutes walk from the exit of Houx (and when we were on Houx we always seemed to be up at the exit end anyway) so easy to get to the tram into town, there doesn't seem to be the queues at the entrance like you get at the combined Houx/Houx Annexe junction, the ground is nice and flat, plenty of space, no through traffic, you have to show your GE ticket to get access to the site, good toilets/shower to campers ratio (and again you don't have to share them with passers by like on Houx), some electricity, not much rowdiness and far enough back from the road that you aren't disturbed by any hooning taking place.
Yep, what Truck said. I think we were offered it after Houx filled up and we haven't been back to Houx since. You get quite a few other ex-Houxers there as well! It suits us, we're not massive drinkers (honest) and it gives us enough space with facilities aplenty - little to no queues, or if there are queues there are another 1 or 2 blocks to choose from. I'll see if I can dig out some photos.. There are a couple of areas to avoid but that's due to the level of the land (like some areas of Houx - avoid if the weather is wet) mostly we're in the same/similar area although last year we were late I think so camped in a 'new' part of the campsite. It was all good

The 7x5 pitches are un-numbered - you get assigned them on arrival. If you really, really need electric you need to arrive early (Tuesday as was). Although for the past 2-3 years we've gotten by on small 3 panel solar panels for the essentials (charging mobile phones, or rather charging batter packs for mobile phones).

It's a good friendly site, quite a few brits, some germans, some french. Nothing too outrageous, but there can be a bit of 'great' music pumping out as always..

It's not a massive campsite, but never seems to feel full or too busy. We wander into the circuit via Houx and are surprised by the massive queues to the showers there.