View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3967737)   #6
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assetto Corsa Competizione can be made to run on Mac hardware, but not OSX. You would need to use the Bootcamp facility to create a seperate partition with windows installed and it boots into either windows or osx as you wish. Provided you have hard drive spare space, this can be done with no loss of data.

At the bottom of this post is the minimum and recommended hardware specs. I think it would run ACC. It would also run rfactor2, the original Assetto Corsa which has lots of cars to download, Project Cars amongst others.

Best pedal / wheel combo. Best is hard to define. Pedals which use load cells are better as they sense brake pressure rather than measuring pedal travel. Steering wheels with higher torque motors are generally more realistic and belt driven force feedback is better than geared. Direct drive is assumed to be the best.. Depends how much you want to spend...

Cheapish and cheerful - Logitech G29
Midrange - the more expensive ones from the Thrustmaster range.
Next tier up - Fanatec
Top level - Heusinkveld, Leo Bodnar, etc.,

A lot of experienced people often find the Fanatic stuff being the sweet spot - but its an investment, so suggest getting a cheaper wheel and pedal combination as that could be rehomed for no or little loss later on, if you decide that you like it.

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD FX-8120
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 460 2GB, Radeon HD 7770
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, Radeon RX 580 8GB
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

Last edited by andrewc; 30 Mar 2020 at 20:37.