Thread: Tech Issue Pirelli-The Tyre Story..
View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2019, 17:04 (Ref:3876771)   #1818
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fer312t View Post
Pirelli are complicit in the situation and so they deserve the flak they get.
for sure im in the minority but i like what Pirelli are doing (and even give BE credit for creating a control mechanism beyond the teams influence)...imo the only thing they are complicit in is making the racing a little less predictable and for me thats a good thing.

the teams, the drivers, and the fans dont really ever know how a compound will perform from track to track, stint to stint and that uncertainty basically lasts the whole season.

Max's win is Austria this year is case in point. not the fastest car but he managed his unreliable and unpredictable tires in real time/real life and found a way to win.

personally i want more of this not less and honestly im not sure how a more reliable more predictable tire is beneficial for me as a spectator.