View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2023, 16:13 (Ref:4142875)   #23
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for all the hard work. I think your strategy is the right one. Right level of cost vs. risk. You can't protect against everything and having a good recovery strategy allows you to recover from things that slip through the protection model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Follow up question:
"What about putting advertising back?"
Well, at the point the advertising was removed it was generating about a tenth (ironically!) of the monthly hosting bill. I figured if I was paying 90% anyway then the extra wasn't going to bankrupt me and you folks could have an increasingly rare thing.... A popular website without adverts.
Funny, I had been subscribing for years, so I didn't notice the advertisements had gone for everyone! While you might be able to self fund this, have you considered opening up something like Patreon for those who might just want to contribute even if they don't get anything "special" back in return. Then again, I guess if more wanted to do help fund the site, you would have been more than 10% funded on the subscription model!

Richard