View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3763042)   #93
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I got to see the race finally from the youtube replay. Could not follow it on Sunday. Some thoughts:

1) TV quality broadcast just awesome. VIR is a very very TV friendly track.
Wish they had showed more of the straight on shot of the "high point" of the esses instead of behind; we can see the front wheels come of the ground at full tilt. Just the coolest part of the coolest section of one of the coolest purpose built circuits in the world. I found myself yelling "show the other angle!" numerous times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Great job from B Barfield I agree. I wonder if he intentionally holds back the yellow flag a bit more in these all GT races and treats the situations differently than if the prototypes were in it. I do think in particular he wants to make sure these all GT races go full green the whole way. Which is fine. It makes the all GT races look much better because of it.
If we're talking about the Lexus in the tires at Oak Tree, it's rare to see a car there and is one of the (if not) slowest corners on the track. Not much of a danger, especially when the drivers heed the local yellow.

But I agree. Was happy that there was the appearance of sitting on the double yellows for a little while, allowing drivers time to remove themselves from danger.