View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3832372)   #1398
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apropos of absolutely nothing that has gone before our local Co-Op store (the larger of the two in the village) has had a recycling section for glass, cardboard, clothes and whatever in a part of the car park next to the store's fenced off delivery area. Must have been there at least 25 years, possibly longer - perhaps 30 years.

This week I noticed that the recycling containers had all been removed and a rather posh wood and black frame sort of log cabin/portakabin office style building had appeared complete with steps/disabled access construction to access the door. The land is not entirely level there so the whole thing is raised above car park tarmac level.

Today I noticed one of those outside advertising poster stand things had been pplaced next to the steps.

If I read the poster correctly (at a distance and assuming it was something related to the new building) it was telling us what the construction was for.

The new location for the Co-Op Funeral Home.

So in effect the planning permission for the recycling area probably still applies ...

The world seems a little stranger to me every day.