View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2002, 22:07 (Ref:204459)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kelvin's crash at Oulton has to be the worst I've ever witnessed, I was stood at Knickerbrook. Certainly not the sort of thing I want to see when I go watching racing. A friend of mine was marshalling that day and said that Kelvin was actually trapped underneath the steering wheel. I think he was very lucky that day, it could have been a lot worse. I'm actually quite surprised that it took Menu's excursion towards the lake for the armco to be extended, I'd expected changes after Burt's crash because didn't he hit the very end of the armco and so that seemed to add to the force of the whole crash.
As for Menu, that was actually quite a graceful looking slide towards the lake

I'm sure this topic has been done before and it's one I always approach with a fair bit of trepidation because sadly you always will get some people who just want to go to a motorsport event to see a big crash. At Thruxton BTCC I stood behind a group of lads who were discussing what a boring day it was because they hadn't seen any serious crashes or anyone getting killed, you can't even refer to people like that as motorsport fans, just mindless idiots
The same goes for the videos that Chris mentioned, I simply don't understand the mindset of a person who wants to watch a video of nothing but big crashes.