View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2017, 04:31 (Ref:3779567)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
I was, however, a little disturbed by some of the social dynamics portrayed by the film....
by which i presume you mean some of the more personal family matters? i thought they were handled brilliantly, not dwelled upon but vital in the story of frank and his family.

i mentioned this film in the mclaren thread in armchair, but i really enjoyed it too. the historical footage was excellent, and the additional "dramatic" footage created to illustrate certain parts of the family story wasn't intrusive at all.

i particularly like how no effort was made to over-humanise either claire or frank himself. to have done so would have betrayed who they are, and taken it over to the slightly emotionally manipulative side of the spectrum where i personally feel the senna movie sits.

very much looking forward to reading ginny's book. she sounded like a wonderful woman.