View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2784645)   #33
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
IMO, priority should go to the locals, who loyaly turn up week after week despite what meeting it is, then trainees (2 per post) then gypsys, like myself, who have no loyalty!

Yet again, I ask, why should 'locals' be favoured. I turn up week after week, at meetings of all levels, travelling 1000s of miles a year at my own expense, often at some of the lesser-supported circuits.

I DARE you to tell me that 'locals' are somehow better or more deserving marshals than me. People who do so (and fortunately, it's rare that I encounter such an attitude) make me sick to the stomach!

You may call me disloyal, but I could equally call people who regularly do only the big-name circuits glory hunters - why don't they get their backsides out to Anglesey in the middle of October???

The only possible argument in favour is that they know the circuit better, to which people who only follow the BTCC could easily counter with better knowledge of the cars, drivers, rules, etc... In fact, while there may be some small element of advantage in both circuit and series knowledge, a good marshal has enough skill and knowledge to do their job to a sufficient standard without either specialst information.

To be clear; IMHO: people who are out week in, week out are all equally deserving marshals, whether they do one circuit or many.

Last edited by Guinness2702; 3 Nov 2010 at 22:44.