View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2010, 02:02 (Ref:2784720)   #43
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lets keep it civil, folks. This is a genuine issue and people are entitled to their own opinions, I just want to see them pleasantly expressed.

I'm fairly itinerant, having the luxury of 8 circuits or hill climbs in under an hour and a half (on the other hand, nowhere less than 50 minutes) so I pick and choose according to a few meetings I am committed to by way of position, several I don't like to miss and then whatever looks fun on the remaining free week-ends (all clubbie stuff apart from LMS and GTs). I am always made welcome wherever I go. However, I'm well aware that most circuits depend on a hard-core of regulars who they know will be there week after week whatever is on. I think that gives them precedence over me in any selection process to be honest, and if I were of their kind I would be unhappy not to be able to attend high profile meetings should I wish to because of large numbers of visiotors. I am a strong believer in loyalty and that it should be rewarded.

Personally, I fail to see the attraction of following a series round wherever it goes and while I'm sure the majority of marshals who do so are no different in ability from the rest of us there is a risk that some will suffer from complacency or superiority simply due to familiarity breeding content and that does not make for a happy team effort where it occurs. As I say, I avoid BTCC anyway, so I'm not speaking from experience and I would be delighted to discover that is wrong.