Thread: Roll Cages
View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2002, 12:51 (Ref:397504)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, we are aware that certain historic cars do not require roll cages. However, there is no excuse for a modern day car not to afford the driver the maximum protection in the case of an accident. The problem as I see it is that if you are unfortunate enough to turn the car upside down, no matter how tightly you are strapped in, you will drop a little in the seat. Now take a line from the top of the roll bar to the front of the car and see if your head will be buried either in gravel or tarmac. In a great deal of cases it will be above that line and you could be dead.

If drivers want to kill themselves in this manner that's their business. The trouble is that the doctors and marshals have to clear up the bits that are left.

You may have gathered I feel pretty strongly about this!

I'm not having a go at any of those who have answered the thread, merely at the complete lack of sense that prevails over such an important safety issue.