View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4002425)   #174
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Was it just me, or did Toto look significantly uncomfortable while Hamilton was on the podium. Rightly or wrongly, I freely confess that I was.... Personally I would be very surprised indeed if Hamilton has not already been told that he does not do that again....
That wasn't just you. And Toto wasn't the only one on the Mercedes team who looked uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
So 12 drivers have been warned for "inconsistent application of throttle and brake" during the restart.

Honestly, the FIA need to look at the way that the restarts are done - if over half the grid have to be warned, then perhaps the fault actually lies with the way that the restarts are done instead or actually with the majority of the drivers?

The combination of the safety car switching its lights off very late, and the long pit straight meant that the lead car has little option other than to "go" very late unless they want to be passed before turn 1.

It was a right mess, and thankfully all drivers are OK.
Agree, I think the rule makers are as much to blame as the 12 drivers.
I think the FIA should think of a better way of doing this.

The late lights off notification ensures the leader can't pull a gap before the last corner. If he could then the 2nd car probably wouldn't be able to pass the leder (and so on) -- and that is not good for the show of course.

Why not let them line up ont he grid and start from there? Just like after the red flag but without stopping in the pits and without the free tire changes.