View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2019, 04:03 (Ref:3928614)   #173
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
What a great last couple races. Really, a great string of races ever since the dud at Paul ricard.

Leclerc may have been on the edge of fair, but he had to do what he did defending against Hamilton. Even more important, he went wheel to wheel, hard racing, and came out better. With no spin or off. Something Vettel hasn't been able to do for over a year now. He laid down the standard against Hamilton. He won't get pushed around or intimidated. Even if he was penalized, he would have given notice to hamilton that it won't be as easy as it seemingly has been against vettel.

Vettel seems broken. He has always seemed like the type that needed a car suited for him more so than a hamilton or Alonso type that could take any type of car and wring the best out of it. He has been dealing with an inept team for a few years now. He can't just trust that their strategy/design/inputs are spot on like at red bull or how Mercedes operates.

Odd timing I know, but I've been meaning to pose the question for a while now: is Ferrari the worst performing f1 team on a per dollar basis? For all the resources and built in advantages they have, they should be better than they are. These last 2 races are more anomaly than indicative of future performance, imo, considering the straight line advantage and tracks. And even with that, Mercedes was still right on them in the race. They have had quality control issues that have been apparent and recurrent for years now.

Having said that, they have a superstar in the making with leclerc. He and verstappen should be a great rivalry for a long time. He's the most humble seeming racer I've seen in f1. Always quick to take responsibility for his mistakes, and call himself out. Takes a quiet sort of confidence underneath to be able to call out yourself in front of everyone for all your mistakes like he does.