View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3865772)   #3
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I don't know who deserves it. I'll have to think it over for a bit.

I feel like Red Bull failed to make the most of the opportunities they had.
They had a driver on both tire strategies and yet failed to make it past Vettel or Hamilton.

I'm quite sure they knew Ricciardo's race was lost once they saw how a few midfield starters managed their tires sets a long way into the race (Sainz, Magnussen, Vandoorne) while still maintining a good pace.
At that point they must have known it was unlikely Hamilton was going to run out of tire life (and surely Vettel).

Closing the gap after the stop and overtaking 4 cars on the same set of tires as his opponents was never going to work, was it?

Was it not an option to stay out even longer and put on hypersofts instead of supersofts?

As for Max, he was essentially on the same strategy as Vettel and Hamilton, but he was never going to get past here - on the same set of tires.