View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2020, 12:57 (Ref:4018254)   #2178
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
But we aren't restricted. All we need is a visa just like US citizens or any other non EU citizens. We have never been allowed to work without registration, which comes when you are employed by an EU state entity. Why don't people understand this? Freedom of movement is limited to 90days in any one year unless you start paying tax, which means working. Gordon has already alluded to this in his posts about living in Spain.

Flitting over the channel for a gig is not considered as local employment since you are still paying UK tax and you wouldn't be an employee. You may also be aware that Merkle is asking the EU to close borders within the Schengen regions due to the threat of terrorism, not really an old fashioned idea then.

I'll stand to be corrected on that last point about Merkle since at the moment I can't find the article.
I too have read the story about Merkel wanting the borders closed but can't remember where.

There is of course a certain irony that she of all people should now be worrying about terrorism.........