View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1809739)   #67
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=I love 04s]
Quote:
Secondly the current 4.0l V8 has little or no links back to the Panoz engine.
I don't think that is wholly correct. The current four litre unit owes its provenance to the orginal 3.4 unit which, in its earlier form, was known to vibrate so badly it would wind out suspension nuts. The later versions, I am told, were a big improvement.

Quote:
Thirdly the only engine problem Zytek have ever had was at Le Mans 2004 when 3 punctures put pay to it, has anyone ever seen a Zytek engine blow apart from that?
Creation had three engine failures in the only year they ran the engine (two of which were in the US). The causes of the Le Mans failure is mired in Zytek folklore..

Quote:
Was the 06S 4.0l V8 slower than the 5.5l Creation Judd? No.
You cannot make such a comparison by comparing an entire car. Nic Minassian indicated that he was losing roughly a second a lap with the narrower tyre that the Creation 06H had. If that is correct....

Quote:
Lack of torque......rubbish too, except for the R10 which is a diesel

Axiomatically, larger capacity engines will have more torque. I think you would find that that 5 litre Judd would have 20% plus more torque than the 4 litre Zytek. I don't have the figures but it is similar to comparing the 5 litre Judd against the 4 litre Judd although, as a 4 litre, the Zytek probably would look quite good torque-wise (for a 4 litre).

The Zytek is a good engine, if not a very good engine; but, as things are now, there is not much more they can do to make it competitive against the new 5.5 litre Judd or any large turbo engine (be it petrol or diesel).

Someone needs to put their hands in the pockets.