View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1809847)   #71
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
Canam, the engine failures relating to Creation cannot be blamed upon the Zytek powerplant. When I refer to a Zytek engine expiring, I mean one that has been factory prepared and lifed properly. This is by no means a dig at Creation, however it must be pointed out that the preparation of their car and the works car was somewhat different in 2005.
04, it appears that you are unaware of the relationship between a engine supplier (on a lease basis) and a team. Are you suggesting that Zytek put in 'duff' components (out of hours) in their customer engines? I would hope not and would not countenance that suggestion. Zytek are professionals and would only provide a customer engine that was properly prepared.

Zytek engineers would have been in situ every time the car was run and would have downloaded all the data every time the car went into the pit...largely in order to protect the value of their asset but also to ensure that the engine was running within established (by Zytek) tolerances. For the avoidance of doubt, the parts that failed were Zytek parts and were part of the engine.

Quote:
Are you saying that the current 4.0litre Zytek is not competitive against the 5.5 litre Judd?
Yes

Quote:
Results would suggest otherwise
There can be no results as the 5.5 litre is a 2007 engine and has not raced.

Quote:
Furthermore the one second Nic was losing to tires is purely subjective, he nor Creation nor you nor I have any idea whether that is true.
I agree it is subjective. What is a fact, however, is that on the narrower tyre the Judd-engined car had, at worst, the same pace as the 06s and had more podiums.

edited to get the quoting right - p-c

Last edited by paul-collins; 8 Jan 2007 at 20:17.