View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2007, 19:27 (Ref:1809849)   #72
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting discussion. I would like to contribute to the technical side, but can't. In P2 I would take the Zytek chassis with the Zytek motor. I think it would be a very competitive platform with the likes of the RS Sypders given comparable Michelins and drivers. I have to assume that the later iterations of the 3.4 liter powerplant have been much improved, as the reliability of the factory car has been pretty good.

In P1, it is a different proposition. It's fair to assume (even you 04s) that the 4.0 liter engine is down on torque. In my opinion, even the Judds are not good enough (good power, but not the complete package). I think you need a turbo, either petrol or diesel. That doesn't leave many alternatives unfortunately, which is why Judd currently have a hold on the market.

I'd like to see a Zytek chassis with the new Cosworth turbo motor. But even then, you'd be gambling on reliability of an unknown motor.