View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3238421)   #1390
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

zanfo zanfagni has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
I agree. I don't think they may manage two so expensive racing programs!
reading some previous post, I see that there is some porsche expert, but please don't talk about ferrari if you don't know what to say... ferrari budget issues? ahahaha Ferrari sales volume of 2012 fiscal year was 2.4 billions€, for each f1 season ferrari could spend easily more than
the double of audi and toyota combined budget. In 2010 and 2011 they spent 400ml€ +/- mandatory cap 44ml€ for car parts - 60ml$ from santander. Last year budget was reduced to 300ml€ (+/- 44ml€ - 60ml$) because of staff cut per team during a GP. Ferrari doesn't enter in lmp1 because of money, it doesn't enter because since '50 is already deeply involved in the championship with the highest and most popoular TV and media coverage. I don't like F1 and i would like to see more manufacturers in wec, but can't deny that take part in the f1 championship with a competitive team is perfect for an automotive manufacturer. If a manufacturer already runs in f1, enter as lmp1 manufacturer in WEC would be simply pointless. Last ferrari lmp/imsa/wsc was the "american dream" f333sp, a car produced mainly by dallara with ferrari as engine supplier. The car was made because in the '90 the main class was still sustainable for small private teams and a customer program for a manufacturer was worthwhile, can you image the same now? impossible in lmp1 and no profit in lmp2. If fiat and marchionne plan to give international motorsport visibility to one of their brands, then could be used strategicly WEC starting a program with a dallara lmp1 car branded as lancia or alfa romeo with an hybrid multi-air engine. But trust this will never happen, too much riskfull for consolidated markets like the alfa and lancia and also because italian motorsport culture is mere ignorance, just limited to ferrari f1 and valentino rossi.