View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2020, 10:01 (Ref:4017193)   #156
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Sainz and Leclerc remarkable come-backs. How does Sainz end up only 2 secs behind Perez? It'll be good to see what he can do in the Ferrari next year. And Leclerc beating Vettel when at one stage he was 10 positions behind him.

Feel sorry for Stroll being thrown on inters again with the car clearly terrible on them on a drying track. He'd out-performed Perez up to this point, taking the pole and pulling away early on quite convincingly, and yet Stroll is supposed to be the pay-driver only in F1 because of daddy. If Perez is really that good, he should be far ahead of Stroll. If FI didn't call Stroll into the pits then he possibly would have finished ahead of Perez. Is Perez deserving of a RB seat?
I think the 2-stop for inters was as a good strategy call. Most (= all except Perez, Hamilton and Kvyat) did it.

Not sure why it didn't work out for Stroll, and why Perez lost so much time to Hamilton.
Maybe the Racing Point wasn't as much at ease when the track was getting less wet, and the Mercedes was gettign better. That would explain why both Perez and Stroll were losing out to those around them.

In a way, I think it was smart for Racing Point to split their strategies - just like they did in Q3 at the start.
If you need one driver to go to the end on used tyres, I'd pick Perez for that one too.

IMO the changing situation took the momentum away from Racing Point and there was no strategy call that would have countered that.