View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2016, 14:58 (Ref:3615123)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
How is the sport to expand globally if we don't visit new countries, getting new fans and new drivers?

Living just outside Mallory Park I know how 'anti' so many people (and Politicians) are about any sort of motorsport in this country be it on 2 or 4 wheels.

Let's go to more tolerant countries.

We regularly visit Northern Ireland where my Brother in Law competes in Irish Road Racing, at events like the North West 200 & the Ulster Grand Prix. These are motorbike races around closed country lanes, what's the chance of that happening here? - less than zero I think.
I do not object to expansion, but to the contraction in traditional races, it causes. How ludicrous that we have no German, French, Dutch Grands Prix while races are held on deserted circuits like Abu Dhabi etc.

But as I said at the start, it not my business.