View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4013429)   #151
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
One of the things that grates with me, was the more combative year Lewis had with Rosberg, when Lewis played the lowly background card in contrast to Nico's Monaco upbringing.
Did he genuinely play a 'lowly background' card? Or is that how the press portrayed his comments to intensify the rivalry?

What did Lewis actually say? IIRC, it was something along the lines of:
'You've seen he […] complains about a lot of things. But you let it go over your head because that's just the way he is. It's kind of the different backgrounds we come from, I guess.'
and 'because Rosberg grew up with 'jets and hotels and boats… the hunger is different'.

Both statements seemed to about playing mind games with his rival, rather than playing any form of class card.