View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2020, 21:29 (Ref:4013946)   #173
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Gets grouchy on the radio. Nobody else does it.

Did you hear Kimi being grouchy on the radio just then? Hilarious! LEGEND.
I dont think hamilton is grouchy on the radio. I think he says things to create drama. He's a drama queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
He's not the only one though.

Vettel, Max, Bottas, Stroll, Perez, Albon etc have all been under the microscope for various reasons this year. It's part and parcel of life.

Some for reasons I agree with, some I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
And the rest of the grid (or any driver in F1 history) is under the same microscope as Lewis gets?
If senna or schumacher were driving in this era of social media and cameras and radio everywhere, they would get the same microscope. But, to an extent, yes, the others get scrutiny like hamilton. Take albon. "They race me so hard" is now a punchline for him. One radio comment, and he's stuck with that being brought up for the foreseeable future.

Hamilton makes more silly, overdramatic, annoying comments than most. Take the last race. Even the commentators finally sort of snickered at his call about the tires not doing great. It's like a standard of every race. He radios that the tires are in had shape, then immediately proceeds to rip off fast lap after fast lap. Then he's 20+ seconds up and calls that he has a cramp. Oh no! How dramatic! Can he survive the race with a cramp?!?! What an amazing feat to finish and win witha cramp!

He seems to create drama where there is none with stuff like this almost every race. And the commentators dutifully go right along with it, talking about how heroic it is to fight through the troubles he is having. It doesn't help that here in the US we get the British sky sports commentators, building him into a mythical hero. Then I come here and, yes, location checks out as most on here deify him as well.